As part of a new SpaceX programme named “Polaris,” Jared Isaacman, the millionaire behind the first all-civilian space voyage that raised $240 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, is funding three more missions.
Last year, the billionaire e-commerce tycoon led the world’s first all-private space crew into orbit, and he said on Monday that he plans to help fund up to three more such flights with SpaceX, independent of NASA’s human spaceflight programme.
Shift4 Payments Inc (FOUR.N) founder and CEO Jared Isaacman said his new “Polaris” collaboration with fellow billionaire and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk might launch its first four-person crew as soon as the fourth quarter of this year.
The project, dubbed Polaris Dawn, will aim to create a new orbital height record and involve the world’s first commercial spacewalk, as well as test SpaceX’s Starlink satellite network’s laser-based communications system, Isaacman said in an online post.
❤️ Support Independent Journalism
Your contribution keeps our reporting free, fearless, and accessible to everyone.
Or make a one-time donation
Secure via Razorpay • 12 monthly payments • Cancel anytime before next cycle


(We don't allow anyone to copy content. For Copyright or Use of Content related questions, visit here.)

The Chenab Times News Desk




